- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup orange juice or orange liqueur
- 1/3 cup sherry or additional orange juice
- 1 jar (18 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in baking pan. Cool; cut into 1-in. cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice and sherry. In another bowl, whisk jam. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Whisk in sour cream. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Divide half of the cake cubes among 15 parfait glasses or dessert dishes; drizzle with half of the orange juice mixture. Layer each with jam and pudding mixture. Top with remaining cake cubes; drizzle with remaining orange juice mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Dollop over trifles and garnish with raspberries. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Holiday English Trifles in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p78
Reviews for Holiday English Trifles(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- English Trifle >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- New Year's Desserts >
- New Year's Recipes >