Holiday Eggnog Recipe
This classic Christmas beverage is so smooth and creamy that you can count on friends and family coming back for seconds! Our gang loves it sprinkled with nutmeg.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:18 servings
- 12 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 quarts milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Additional whipped cream and nutmeg, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, whisk together eggs, sugar and salt. Gradually add 1 qt. of milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until a thermometer reads 160°, about 25 minutes. Pour into a large bowl; stir in vanilla, nutmeg and remaining milk. Place bowl in an ice-water bath; stir frequently until mixture is cool. If mixture separates, process in a blender until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 2. When ready to serve, beat cream in a bowl on high until soft peaks form; whisk gently into cooled mixture. Pour into a chilled 5-qt. punch bowl. If desired, garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 18 servings (about 3/4 cup each).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC