- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 to 6 teaspoons refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. In a small bowl, mix milk and creamer. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mix nutmeg and remaining sugar. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in nutmeg mixture. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with bottom of a glass.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and enough creamer to reach desired consistency. Pipe snowflake designs on cookies as desired. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Holiday Eggnog Snickerdoodles
Sort By :
"The cookie turned out rather dry. When I tried flattening them out more then they turned too hard and just weren't very tasty even with a glass of milk."
"I made this as per the recipe and found them to be very bland and dry."
"I will try them again, but next time i will add cream of tater & eggnog to give it some bite. Also for the outside some more nutmeg and a touch of cinnamon."
"I think I would put some nutmeg into the batter itself if I made these again. I replaced the milk and creamer with eggnog but I still thought they needed a bit more spice! Update: the flavor of these does improve after sitting for a few days! I liked them better without icing."
"I think I'd just use eggnog instead of the creamer..."