Holiday Eggnog Muffins Recipe
These moist goodies are sweet enough to be dessert. Eggnog and pineapple may seem unusual together, but they blend wonderfully.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg; mix well. Beat in eggnog and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in pineapple.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 9 muffins.
1 muffin: 199 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Eggnog Muffins
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC