Holiday Eggnog Bread Recipe
- 4-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-3/4 cups eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon eggnog
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. In a small bowl, combine the eggnog, eggs and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in apricots and pecans. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. or four greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Combine icing ingredients until smooth; spread over bread. Yield: 2 regular loaves or 4 mini loaves.
1 slice: 188 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Holiday Eggnog Bread
"I'm wondering if the cooking time is accurate in the recipe. Mine always cooks in 30 minutes."
"I make this recipe every Christmas."