I got this recipe from an old friend. It combines two holiday favorites— eggnog and fruit-and-nut bread. My children look forward to me making it each Christmas, plus I give loaves as gifts to my co-workers.
Recommended: 32 Holiday Recipes to Make with Eggnog
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-3/4 cups eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon eggnog
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. In a small bowl, combine the eggnog, eggs and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in apricots and pecans. Pour into two greased 8x4-in. or four greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Combine icing ingredients until smooth; spread over bread. Yield: 2 regular loaves or 4 mini loaves.
Originally published as Eggnog Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p19
Reviews forHoliday Eggnog Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2011
"I'm wondering if the cooking time is accurate in the recipe. Mine always cooks in 30 minutes."
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2010
"I make this recipe every Christmas."