Holiday Eggnog Bread Recipe
I got this recipe from an old friend. It combines two holiday favorites eggnog and fruit-and-nut bread. My children look forward to me making it each Christmas, plus I give loaves as gifts to my co-workers.
- 4-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-3/4 cups eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon eggnog
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. In a small bowl, combine the eggnog, eggs and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in apricots and pecans. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. or four greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Combine icing ingredients until smooth; spread over bread. Yield: 2 regular loaves or 4 mini loaves.
Originally published as Eggnog Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p19
Reviews for Holiday Eggnog Bread(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review