Holiday Divinity Recipe
I've been whipping up this Christmasy treat— with its jolly red and green candied cherries and scrumptious chopped nuts— since 1955. It's so light it melts in your mouth. —Helen White, Kerrville, Texas
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup diced candied cherries
- 1/4 cup diced candied pineapple
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 250° (hard-ball stage). Remove from the heat.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a stand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. With mixer running on high speed, carefully pour hot syrup in a slow, steady stream into the mixing bowl. Add vanilla and salt. Beat on high speed just until candy loses its gloss and holds its shape, about 10 minutes. Stir in nuts and fruit.
- 3. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
1 serving (2 ounces) equals 289 calories, 7 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Divinity
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC