Holiday Divinity Recipe
I've been whipping up this Christmasy treat with its jolly red and green candied cherries and scrumptious chopped nuts since 1955. It's so light it melts in your mouth.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup diced candied cherries
- 1/4 cup diced candied pineapple
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 250°-266° (hard-ball stage). Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, in a stand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. With mixer running on high speed, carefully pour hot syrup in a slow, steady stream into the mixing bowl. Add vanilla and salt. Beat on high speed just until candy loses its gloss and holds its shape, about 10 minutes. Stir in nuts and fruit.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
Originally published as Holiday Divinity in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p38
Reviews for Holiday Divinity(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2011
This candy really does melt in your mouth. I followed the recipe exact and the candy turned out delicious. I have saved this recipe and will be using over and over again. Thanks to the submitter for this yummy candy recipe.
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2009
easy and yummy!