Holiday Croutons Recipe
To keep my kids entertained while I was baking one Christmas, I gave them slices of bread and small cookie cutters. The baked product was so cute, I decided to season the following batches and turn them into croutons.—Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
- 8 bread slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Paprika, dill weed, minced chives or dried minced onion
- 1. Cut shapes from bread using 1-1/2 in. Christmas cookie cutters of your choice. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine butter and oil; drizzle over bread and toss to coat. Divide into three batches. Sprinkle each batch with a different seasoning; toss to coat.
- 3. Arrange in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 97 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Croutons
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2017
"Making these tonight for a salad!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC