Holiday Cranberry-Walnut Salad Recipe
A warm salad is a nice change of pace at holiday dinners. Port wine infuses cranberries with flavor, while balsamic vinegar adds a bit of tang to the dressing.—Becky Walch, Manteca, California
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup cubed Gouda cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine cranberries and wine. Bring to a boil; cook for 4-5 minutes or until plumped. Set aside to cool. Drain cranberries, reserving liquid; set aside.
- 2. Return reserved liquid to saucepan; add the onion, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from the heat. Cool slightly; whisk in oil.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, bacon, walnuts, cheese and cranberries. Drizzle with onion mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 162 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Holiday Cranberry-Walnut Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC