- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup cubed Gouda cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberries and wine. Bring to a boil; cook for 4-5 minutes or until plumped. Set aside to cool. Drain cranberries, reserving liquid; set aside.
- Return reserved liquid to saucepan; add the onion, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from the heat. Cool slightly; whisk in oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, bacon, walnuts, cheese and cranberries. Drizzle with onion mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Cranberry-Walnut Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p124
Reviews for Holiday Cranberry-Walnut Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Salad Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >