Holiday Cranberry Jelly
Louisa May Alcott begins her account of the four March girls' life during the Christmas season. Spread some holiday cheer with this rosy pink cranberry jelly.—
64 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Process: 10 min.
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 6-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- In a Dutch oven, combine cranberry juice and sugar. Bring to a full
- rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot liquid into
- hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles;
- wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water
- Yield: 8 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 86 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.