- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium orange, peeled and broken into sections
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- In a food processor, coarsely process cranberries and orange sections. Place in a Dutch oven with strawberries and sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the pectin. Skim off the foam. Carefully ladle into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 5 half-pints.
Reviews for Holiday Cranberry Jam
"Delicious! My first batch didn't set up either. I omitted the strawberries, added 1Tbsp cinnamon, and used 5 cups sugar for a double batch. So yummy! Since it was slightly runny, I used it as the filling in my cranberry cinnabons (with orange zest glaze). My second batch I used 6Tbsp pectin for a double batch with the cinnamon and this time 6 cups sugar. It set up perfect, but I felt like the sugar was trying to take over in a not so good way. Just finished my third batch....double recipe with 2Tbsp cinnamon, 5 cups sugar 6 Tbsp pectin. Winner! This stuff is so delicious! (And I don't like cranberries!) Christmas Jam all around for gifts this year! :-)"
"Delicious! I too had issues with it not gelling. 2nd batch I added a half-box powdered pectin and it set up fine. Also found whole strawberries are cheaper than sliced so I just chopped the whole ones in my food processor."
"I had the same problem with it not setting up. In other jam recipes you usually bring the fruit to a full rolling boil after you add the pectin and boil for a minute. I emptied all my jars and brought it back to a boil and add about a tsp of powder pectin and boiled another minute, This helped and it set up better. Next time I make it, I will boil it for a minute after I add the pectin and then ladle it into jars. Otherwise it was really good."
"Does this use frozen strawberries with or without sugar added?"
"It tastes wonderful, however it didn't jell. The small amount left over and poured into a dish not processed ,did jell. Could the processing in the boiling water bath have anything to do with the problem ? I really wanted to make this for gifts ! What is processed & in the jars, is to watery. Any suggestions ???"
"This one of my favorites now and believe me I make and have tried alot of jam recipes--and this one is a must do"
"I made and canned this jam and gave it out as part of homemade Christmas gifts last year. My family loved it!"
" Hi:It's been about 3 days and the jam hasn't set. I thought cranberries were high in pectin and would set, but the jam isn't. Do I need to reprocess? I used the BWB method for 10 mins. Do you have any suggestions?Thanks,Patty "
"Hi:It's been 4 days and the jam hasn't set. How to reprocess? What to do?"