- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium orange, peeled and broken into sections
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- In a food processor, coarsely process cranberries and orange sections. Place in a Dutch oven with strawberries and sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the pectin. Skim off the foam. Carefully ladle into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 5 half-pints.
Reviews for Holiday Cranberry Jam
Sort By :
"I had the same problem with it not setting up. In other jam recipes you usually bring the fruit to a full rolling boil after you add the pectin and boil for a minute. I emptied all my jars and brought it back to a boil and add about a tsp of powder pectin and boiled another minute, This helped and it set up better. Next time I make it, I will boil it for a minute after I add the pectin and then ladle it into jars. Otherwise it was really good."
"Does this use frozen strawberries with or without sugar added?"
"It tastes wonderful, however it didn't jell. The small amount left over and poured into a dish not processed ,did jell. Could the processing in the boiling water bath have anything to do with the problem ? I really wanted to make this for gifts ! What is processed & in the jars, is to watery. Any suggestions ???"
"This one of my favorites now and believe me I make and have tried alot of jam recipes--and this one is a must do"
"I made and canned this jam and gave it out as part of homemade Christmas gifts last year. My family loved it!"