Holiday Cranberry Chutney Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer for 15-20 minutes or until apple is tender and mixture thickens. Cool completely.
- 2. Store in the refrigerator. Serve over cream cheese with crackers or as a condiment with pork, ham or chicken. Yield: 3 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 107 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Holiday Cranberry Chutney
"I've been making this for thanksgiving for years and even people who don't like cranberries like this. You can have leftovers on I've cream, over cream cheese or goat cheese, over cheesecake or pumpkin pie . Have for breakfast with yogurt & granola or just eat with a spoon. It's really easy to make in advance too. I can't rave about this enough.One note, I decrease the sugar to about 3/4 cup but we like it a little tart. Maybe try 1 cup first and you may decide to take it down a little more."
"i've used this recipe many times throughout the year. My friends and family love it and it's so easy to make!"
"This was a delightful recipe. I served this chutney with Cinnamon Graham crackers, spreadable cream cheese and a nice dollop of chutney. Everyone even the children that normally do NOT like cranberries thought this was awesome!This recipe was a hit for our Thanksgiving dinner and has been reiterated for me to bring over for our Christmas party :)"