A chunky chutney like this one makes a great gift for friends and neighbors. I give them the chutney in a decorated jar with a package of cream cheese and a box of crackers. It makes a lovely snack and is just as good alongside a main dish. —Cheryl Lottman Stillwater, Minnesota
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer for 15-20 minutes or until apple is tender and mixture thickens. Cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator. Serve over cream cheese with crackers or as a condiment with pork, ham or chicken. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Holiday Cranberry Chutney in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p39
Reviews for Holiday Cranberry Chutney
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review