Holiday Corn 'n' Turkey Casserole Recipe
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Combine the flour, salt, mustard and pepper; stir into onion mixture until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the corn, broccoli, turkey and cheese. Whisk eggs into onion mixture. Pour over turkey mixture; stir until combined.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 371 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 543 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer