I create this comforting casserole in minutes using leftover holiday turkey. It's a family favorite recipe that I've relied on for years.—Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Combine the flour, salt, mustard and pepper; stir into onion mixture until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, broccoli, turkey and cheese. Whisk eggs into onion mixture. Pour over turkey mixture; stir until combined.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Corn 'n' Turkey Casserole in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p102
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Holiday Corn 'n' Turkey Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review