Holiday Cookie Cutout Cake
24 ServingsPrep: 1 hour Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 2 packages devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) classic fudge frosting
- White pearl dragees
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ROYAL ICING:
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Sky blue gel liquid food coloring
- Chocolate curls
- Grease and flour three 9-in. x 1-in. round baking pans and one 8-in.
- x 2-in. round baking pan; set aside. Prepare cake mixes in separate
- bowls according to package directions.
- Spoon batter from one cake mix into two of the 9-in. pans. From the
- second cake mix, pour enough batter into the 8-in. pan so it is
- three-fourths full. Pour the remaining batter into the remaining
- 9-in. pan.
- Bake cakes according to package directions until a toothpick inserted