- 6 large sweet potatoes (about 4-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or just until tender. Reduce heat to 350°. When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juices. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and brown sugar. Gradually stir in orange juice and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the pineapple, oranges and cranberries; heat through.
- Pour sauce over sweet potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Citrus Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p43
Reviews for Holiday Citrus Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >