- SPICED-CHOCOLATE-CHERRY SCONES:
- Carlini Cooking Spray
- 18-1/4 ounces Baker's Corner Double Chocolate Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Dried Cherries
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons Friendly Farms Half & Half
- 1 tablespoon Baker's Corner Baking Cocoa*
- 1/4 cup Friendly Farms Half & Half
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 2 tablespoons Baker's Corner Baking Cocoa*
- Pinch Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
- 1/2 cup Baker's Corner Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine muffin mix, flour, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Cut cold butter into cubes and blend into flour using a fork or pastry cutter until butter resembles small peas. Add dried cherries and orange zest, stir to combine.
- Add half and half, stir until dough begins to come together (dough will seem dry). Turn the dough onto a flat surface lightly dusted with cocoa powder and knead dough for 1-2 minutes.
- Shape dough into an 8-inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until firm in the center. Cool on a wire rack.
- While scones bake, prepare the glaze: In a small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients and whisk together until smooth. Drizzle glaze onto cooled scones.
- Chocolate-Peppermint-Crunch Variation: Substitute 1/2 cup crushed candy canes for the spices, orange zest and dried cherries. For glaze, omit orange zest. After topping scones with glaze, sprinkle scones with 3 tablespoons crushed candy canes. Yield: 8 scones.
Originally published as Holiday Chocolate Scones Provided by ALDI 2013
Reviews for Holiday Chocolate Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2014
"These are delicious! I love scones just like muffins. No stump."