Holiday Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup reduced-fat cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 10 minutes; cool.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the first seven filling ingredients; beat until blended. Add eggs and egg whites; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- 4. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 6. Gently spoon cranberry mixture over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan before cutting. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 230 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
Reviews for Holiday Cheesecake
"This cheesecake is absolutely the best. My family just loves it and my husband is always begging me to make more of it because it goes so fast! Thank you so much for this recipe, Che"