Holiday Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Christmas officially arrives at our house when I make these melt-in-your-mouth bars. Red and green maraschino cherries add a jolly finish to each light and creamy morsel.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cold butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced red and green maraschino cherries, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts. Reserve 1 cup. Press remaining crumbs onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Pour filling over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- 3. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned and filling is almost set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Garnish with cherries if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 195 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC