Holiday Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cold butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced red and green maraschino cherries, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts. Reserve 1 cup. Press remaining crumbs onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Pour filling over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- 3. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned and filling is almost set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Garnish with cherries if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 195 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Cheesecake Bars
"Every Christmas I try to add at least one or two new cookies/bars for the holidays. This is terrific! Rich, beautiful presentation and delicious! Will add this to my recipe box!"
"This is a family favorite. I grew up making this with my mom every year for Christmas, and now I make it for my own family too."
"These are GREAT. My only change was to make a graham cracker crust (2-1/2 cups ground graham cracker crumbs mixed with 1 stick (1/2 cup) of melted butter) to make them nut allergy friendly. I will definitely make them again."