From St. Joseph, Michigan, Meredith Dodson writes, “I modified a few different cheesecake recipes to create this creamy, lower-fat version. It makes a beautiful ending to a fancy holiday dinner.”
- 1 cup reduced-fat cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 10 minutes; cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven filling ingredients; beat until blended. Add eggs and egg whites; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Gently spoon cranberry mixture over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan before cutting. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Cheesecake in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p48
Reviews for Holiday Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review