Holiday Cheese Ball Recipe
Andrea Bolden from Unionville, Tennessee writes, "With its colorful flecks of green onion and pimiento, this cheese ball is great as a Christmas or New Year's appetizer. It can be made with fat-free cheeses without sacrificing the zesty Italian taste."
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- Toasted French bread slices, assorted crackers and/or fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Shape into a ball; roll in walnuts. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with toasted French bread slices, crackers and/or vegetables. Yield: 1 cheese ball.
Originally published as Holiday Cheese Ball in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p9
Reviews for Holiday Cheese Ball(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
This, and the Cheddar Broccoli Cheese Ball, was the first time I made a cheese ball. It was devoured in 45 minutes after I put it on the table.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Ball Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Make Ahead Appetizers >
- Make-Ahead Finger Foods >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >