Holiday Cheer Sweet Potatoes
Eggnog and rum give mashed sweet potatoes a new taste twist. This truly is an ideal side for a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.—Kelli Ritz, Innisfail, Alberta
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 4 large sweet potatoes (3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes
- or until tender. Cool slightly; peel.
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes with butter. Add the remaining
- ingredients; beat until combined.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 264 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.