Holiday Burritos Recipe
In the Southwest, a breakfast burrito wraps up potatoes, eggs and cheese with unique "Feliz Navidad" ("Merry Christmas") flair! There are many variations, but this is our favorite and it always wins compliments from guests. —Antoinette Metzgar, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the potatoes; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, garlic salt, salt and pepper; pour over potatoes. Cook and stir over medium heat until the eggs are completely set. Stir in chilies.
- 2. Fill each tortilla with about 3/4 cup of the egg mixture and 2 heaping tablespoons of the cheese; roll up tightly. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 burritos.
1 serving (1 each) equals 413 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 253 mg cholesterol, 892 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Burritos
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC