- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons whole milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Confectioners' sugar, fresh peaches, blackberries and mint, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the milk, lemon juice, vanilla, lemon peel and extract. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 45 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar and garnish with fruit and mint if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Bundt Cake in Best Holiday Recipes 2011 Annual 2011, p107
Reviews for Holiday Bundt Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2014
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2014