Holiday Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Make Brussels sprouts special with peas, celery and, of course, bacon. The recipe doubles easily if needed. —Jodie Beckman, Council Bluffs, IA
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Brussels sprouts
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1. Cook Brussels sprouts and peas according to package directions; drain.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add celery; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Add Brussels sprouts, peas, bacon and chives; toss to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 115 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC