Holiday Brussels Sprouts
Peas and sprouts are a festive side dish when mixed with crunchy celery and flavorful bacon. This unusual combo will please both sprout lovers and non-sprout lovers alike. —Jodie Beckman, Council Bluffs, Iowa
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Brussels sprouts
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Cook Brussels sprouts and peas according to package directions;
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add celery;
- cook and stir until crisp-tender. Add Brussels sprouts, peas, bacon
- and chives; toss to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 115 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.