- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, baking mix and salt until blended; pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Holiday Brunch Casserole
"This is an awesome, easy way to feed a crowd in a hurry. I've made it in the crockpot also"
"Enjoyed this. Followed exactly. Next time I'll do a spicy sausage just to give it a bit more umphf; and I liked the suggestion of salsa on the side. The suggestion to ensure you dry the hash browns is correct. Like someone else said they might try to actually gook them first which might be good since they did sort of disappear (and I like hash browns). 5-10 mins longer cooking is a good idea. I'll do again."
"Is a good recipe. Good to make ahead??"
"Very good. Pretty easy to put together. Of course, love to prepare the day before. As most said, did have to cook a bit longer that stated. As for the person that complained about having to cook longer and then the top burnt, if top was getting to brown, why did you not just cover with foil to keep from burning? and, as for saying the has browns were slimy, did you get them good and dry before combining them with the other ingredients? And, if you have never cooked before, I am sorry for making it sound like you should know those things. Very tasty, will make again."
"This was not good. Had to cook way longer and then it was burnt on top and still smushy in the middle. The hashbrowns were slimy and gave it a very unappealing texture. Yuck."
"This is a GREAT casserole! I love that you can make it the day before and cook it the following day. Makes for less time in the kitchen. I made it for New Year's Day so that I could get up and watch the Rose Parade and not be in the kitchen cooking breakfast. I had leftovers to take to friends and they all loved it. We live at a high elevation, so it did requre an adjustment in cooking time, but other than than, it was perfect."