Holiday Brunch Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, baking mix and salt until blended; pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Holiday Brunch Casserole
Sort By :
Love this casserole and so did everyone at my church social time after church. I baked it 45 to 50 min. with great success. I used ham instead of sausage and bacon and chopped green chilies instead of green peppers. It is great to be able to do the mixing the night before so all I had to do was take it to church and pop it in the over during the service.
Made just as recipe says. Delicious! Will definitely make again. Made Christmas morning easy and relaxing!
I do not recommend this recipe. My family did not eat. They are all adults.
Oh my gosh, made this last night for the office holiday potluck this morning. The dish is totally gone! Everyone marveled about it. I did substitute seasoned salt for the regular salt, added pepper, didn't have green onions and used a half of a yellow onion. I couldn't find the low-fat Bisquick and used Hungry Jack buttermilk pancake mix instead. I baked it for about 40 minutes. I'm definitely making this again for Christmas morning for the family.
made this for Christmas morning last year, was such a hit I had to make it for New Years Day also for a big family brunch - went fast. Am making again this year, may need to make 2 to keep everyone happy
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >