Holiday Brunch Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, baking mix and salt until blended; pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Holiday Brunch Casserole
Sort By :
"I made this for Christmas Morning. We all loved it. I did add to the baking time, as some of the batter did not seemed cooked through. I probably baked it closer to 45 minutes. I think that, next year, I will pre-cook the hash browns to make them a little more golden - just my personal preference. Thank you for the recipe."
"My family did not care for this at all."
"I made this for overnight guests on New Year's Eve. I prepared it before they arrived on the 31st and stored it in the fridge overnight. It did not take long to prepare, minor chopping... It took maybe 20 minutes. I used regular baking mix and whole milk. Make sure you get the lumps out when mixing the baking mix and milk. I missed a couple and they appeared as floury dots on top. I removed them before serving. Baking time was accurate. I only let it rest about 5 minutes. It served up beautifully, but a small amount of liquid was left in the baking pan. After we were finished, I went to wrap and put it away. All the remaining liquid was absorbed, so I will make sure to allow the full resting time in the future. I highly recommend this dish!"
"Simple to make & man-pleasing, especially with extra meat & salsa on the side. 4 instead of 5 because should be cooked longer to be firm in center. Leftovers are just as good!"
"This was nummy! Served it on Christmas morning and the pan was soon empty."