- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, baking mix and salt until blended; pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Holiday Brunch Casserole
"peenie likin good"
"12/2015 - I made this for Christmas breakfast and thought it was just okay. Others liked it. I didn't like the texture and maybe the addition of bisquik. I used jimmy Dean sausage and followed the recipe as written. Also, it was not completely done in the center, AND, it would not serve 12."
"This has become a regular holiday breakfast favorite. However, it usually needs at least 50 min cooking time as well as the additional time for it to sit and set - approximately 10 minutes before serving."
"I am planning to make this for Christmas morning. Has anyone precooked shredded hash browns and layered them on the bottom of the casserole ?"
"Very good. Pretty easy to put together. Of course, love to prepare the day before. As most said, did have to cook a bit longer that stated. As for the person that complained about having to cook longer and then the top burnt, if top was getting to brown, why did you not just cover with foil to keep from burning? and, as for saying the has browns were slimy, did you get them good and dry before combining them with the other ingredients? And, if you have never cooked before, I am sorry for making it sound like you should know those things. Very tasty, will make again."