Holiday Brunch Casserole Recipe
If you'll be having overnight company during the holidays, you may want to consider this hearty casserole. Guests will be impressed with its bountiful filling and scrumptious flavor. —Nelda Cronbaugh, Belle Plaine, Iowa
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, baking mix and salt until blended; pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 366 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 971 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC