If you'll be having overnight company during the holidays, you may want to consider this hearty casserole. Guests will be impressed with its bountiful filling and scrumptious flavor. —Nelda Cronbaugh, Belle Plaine, Iowa
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, baking mix and salt until blended; pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Brunch Casserole in Country December/January 2009, p53
Reviews for Holiday Brunch Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review