Holiday Brunch Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, sausage, bacon, green pepper, 1 cup cheese and onion. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk the biscuit mix, salt, eggs and milk; pour over the top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Holiday Brunch Casserole(51)
Sort By :
Made just as recipe says. Delicious! Will definitely make again. Made Christmas morning easy and relaxing!
I do not recommend this recipe. My family did not eat. They are all adults.
Oh my gosh, made this last night for the office holiday potluck this morning. The dish is totally gone! Everyone marveled about it. I did substitute seasoned salt for the regular salt, added pepper, didn't have green onions and used a half of a yellow onion. I couldn't find the low-fat Bisquick and used Hungry Jack buttermilk pancake mix instead. I baked it for about 40 minutes. I'm definitely making this again for Christmas morning for the family.
made this for Christmas morning last year, was such a hit I had to make it for New Years Day also for a big family brunch - went fast. Am making again this year, may need to make 2 to keep everyone happy
Love this recipe. Night before a big brunch is busy, but the day of is much more relaxing! Love it!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >