Holiday Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups halved red and/or green candied cherries, divided
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Cool for 10 minutes. In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 1-1/4 cups cherries and the walnuts.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Arrange remaining cherries over top. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 205 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Brownies
"These are yummy! I made them to use up the leftover candied cherries from the fruitcake cookies I made for my dad for Christmas. I had less candied cherries than it calls for. I also added about a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. The taste reminds me and my family of chocolate sheath cake, because of the cinnamon. It is more time-consuming than you would think, because of the time it takes to melt the chocolate and butter. Next time, I will try chopping the chocolate into smaller pieces. That should help."
"I made these for New Years they were liked by all."