Folks always ask for this recipe whenever I make these brownies. I make batches and batches of this tasty treat before the holidays and give them as gifts.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups halved red and/or green candied cherries, divided
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Cool
- for 10 minutes. In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and
- salt. Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture, eggs and vanilla until
- smooth. Fold in 1-1/4 cups cherries and the walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Arrange remaining
- cherries over top. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire
- rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 205 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium,