"When you are in a hurry and want to get that loaf going quick, a bread machine does the trick," writes Barbara Adams, Redford, Michigan. "Whenever I bake this bread, everyone says, 'It smells like Thanksgiving.'"
Featured In: 31 Easy Quick Bread Recipes
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Stuffing Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p38
Reviews for Holiday Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2011
"This bread is delicious!! It's great for turkey leftovers!! It's like having Thanksgiving any day of the week!! I've shared the recipe with a couple of friends after they tried a loaf that I made and brought to work!!"