- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour (dough will not double
- in size).
- Punch dough down; divide into four pieces. Roll three pieces into
- 15-in. ropes. Braid ropes; place on a greased baking sheet. Divide
- last portion of dough in half; roll each into a 15-in. rope. Twist
- ropes. Press an indentation down the center of braided loaf; place
- twisted dough in indentation. Cover and let rise until doubled,
- about 30 minutes.
- Beat egg yolk and water; brush over loaf. Bake at 350° for 20
- minutes. Cover loosely with foil; bake 20-25 minutes more. Cool on a
- wire rack. Combine sugar and milk; drizzle over loaf. Decorate with
- cherries if desired. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 258 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.