Holiday Biscuit Bubble Ring Recipe
My family loves this traditional Christmas treat so much that I like to surprise them with it throughout the year. It does take some time to prepare, but the effort is worth it when I see my family's smiling faces.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped red candied cherries
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1. Cut cream cheese into 20 pieces. Roll each into a ball; cover and refrigerate. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and baking powder. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead about 8-10 times.
- 3. Roll out into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Sprinkle 5 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar over dough; set remaining mixture aside.
- 4. Cut dough into twenty 3-in. squares. Place one cream cheese ball in center of each. Fold dough around ball; pinch seams to seal. Roll in 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- 5. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, cherries and remaining butter; spoon half into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the remaining cinnamon-sugar. Place 10 balls, seam side up, over topping. Repeat layers.
- 6. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter.
- 7. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over bread. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 521 calories, 32g fat (15g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Holiday Biscuit Bubble Ring
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC