Holiday Biscotti Recipe
A twice-baked Italian cookie, biscotti makes a wonderful "dunker". A pretty way to present a batch is on a Christmasy plate arranged in a wagon-wheel fashion.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extracts. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be sticky). Stir in cranberries, pistachios and orange peel. Chill for 30 minutes.
- 2. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, shape each half into a loaf 1-1/2 to 2-in. diameter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes.
- 3. Cool for 5 minutes. Cut diagonally into 3/4-in. thick slices. Place slices, cut side down, on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Turn slices over. Bake 10 minutes more or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 164 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Biscotti
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC