Holiday Biscotti Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extracts. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be sticky). Stir in cranberries, pistachios and orange peel. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, shape each half into a loaf 1-1/2 to 2-in. diameter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Cut diagonally into 3/4-in. thick slices. Place slices, cut side down, on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Turn slices over. Bake 10 minutes more or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Holiday Biscotti(11)
Sort By :
First time making biscotti.... Turned out well, went over well with everyone
For a sturdier biscotti, try using unbleached all purpose flour.
These are incredibly good and easy to make! I made the dough the night before and baked them in the morning. Brought a warm batch into work and they disappeared instantly. Next time I make them, I'm doubleing the cranberries.
These are terrific. I made these a few days before Christmas and had to hide them so they wouldn't all be eaten before the holiday. I had run out of orange extract but they tasted fine anyway. Just be careful with the second cooking step. My oven might be a little too hot and they browned more than they should have. As for the person who had problems with cracking -- try using a bread knife or a smaller serrated one, like a tomato knife. Anyway, the house smelled wonderful. I have some leftover pistachios and dried cranberries so I plan to make them again very soon. And I might dip them or drizzle them with melted white chocolate.
It was easy to make.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cranberry Cookies >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Italian Desserts >