Holiday Beef Brisket Recipe
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 5 small potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 celery ribs, cut into chunks
- 1. Place onions in a greased shallow roasting pan; top with brisket. Combine the ketchup, paprika and garlic powder; spread over brisket. Dissolve bouillon in hot water; pour into pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Add the potatoes, carrots and celery. Cover and bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 3. Remove brisket to a serving platter; let stand for 10 minutes. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 451 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 788mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 50g protein .
Reviews for Holiday Beef Brisket
"This recipe needed an additional hour and a half baking time -- too much moisture -- tough. Didn't like the ketchup flavor."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.