Holiday Baked Ham Recipe
- 1 fully cooked smoked half ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Using a sharp knife, score surface of ham with 1/4-in.-deep cuts in a diamond pattern; insert a clove in each diamond. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/4 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine preserves, butter and mustard; heat through. Remove ham from oven. Spoon preserves mixture over ham. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 16 servings.
4 ounces cooked ham equals 199 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 1,788 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Baked Ham
"It was very tasty and enjoyed by all. Next time, I will try a few deep cuts into the ham for marinade injection. Definitely will make this again."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer