Holiday Baked Ham Recipe
- 1 fully cooked smoked half ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Using a sharp knife, score surface of ham with 1/4-in.-deep cuts in a diamond pattern; insert a clove in each diamond. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/4 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine preserves, butter and mustard; heat through. Remove ham from oven. Spoon preserves mixture over ham. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 16 servings.
4 ounces cooked ham: 199 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 1788mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0g fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Holiday Baked Ham
"It was very tasty and enjoyed by all. Next time, I will try a few deep cuts into the ham for marinade injection. Definitely will make this again."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer