Holiday Baked Ham
Nothing is better at the holidays than a delicious ham baking in the oven. The preserves mixture will be sure to please all of your guests.American Dairy Assoc, Stacy Duffy, Chicago, Illinois
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours
- 1 fully cooked smoked half ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Place ham with fat side up in a shallow roasting pan. Score fat in a
- diamond pattern; insert cloves into cuts. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the preserves, butter and mustard; heat
- through. Spoon over the ham. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer or
- until a thermometer reads 140°. Remove cloves before slicing
- ham. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 320 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 2,864 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 50 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer