Holiday Baked Ham Recipe
Nothing is better at the holidays than a delicious ham baking in the oven. The preserves mixture will be sure to please all of your guests.—American Dairy Assoc, Stacy Duffy, Chicago, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours YIELD:16 servings
- 1 fully cooked smoked half ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Using a sharp knife, score surface of ham with 1/4-in. deep cuts in a diamond pattern; insert a clove in each diamond. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/4 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine preserves, butter and mustard; heat through. Remove ham from oven. Spoon preserves mixture over ham. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 16 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC