Nothing is better at the holidays than a delicious ham baking in the oven. The preserves mixture will be sure to please all of your guests.—American Dairy Assoc, Stacy Duffy, Chicago, Illinois
- 1 fully cooked smoked half ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Using a sharp knife, score surface of ham with 1/4-in.-deep cuts in a diamond pattern; insert a clove in each diamond. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine preserves, butter and mustard; heat through. Remove ham from oven. Spoon preserves mixture over ham. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Baked Ham in Country Woman November/December 1997, p40
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Holiday Baked Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2012
"It was very tasty and enjoyed by all. Next time, I will try a few deep cuts into the ham for marinade injection. Definitely will make this again."