Nothing is better at the holidays than a delicious ham baking in the oven. The preserves mixture will be sure to please all of your guests.—American Dairy Assoc, Stacy Duffy, Chicago, Illinois
Recommended: 24 Low-Carb Christmas Recipes
- 1 fully cooked smoked half ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Using a sharp knife, score surface of ham with 1/4-in.-deep cuts in a diamond pattern; insert a clove in each diamond. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine preserves, butter and mustard; heat through. Remove ham from oven. Spoon preserves mixture over ham. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Baked Ham in Country Woman November/December 1997, p40
Reviews for Holiday Baked Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2012
"It was very tasty and enjoyed by all. Next time, I will try a few deep cuts into the ham for marinade injection. Definitely will make this again."