I like to make this bread for the holidays. It's moist, delicious and makes a pretty homemade gift.—Beth Goodwin, Overland Park, Kansas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a food processor or blender, process cranberries and sugar just until coarsely ground; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt and ginger; stir in walnuts and apricots. In another bowl, combine the egg, orange juice, water, butter, orange peel and vanilla; add cranberry mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Apricot Cranberry Bread in Country Woman November/December 2001, p37
Reviews for Holiday Apricot Cranberry Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review