- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a food processor or blender, process cranberries and sugar just until coarsely ground; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt and ginger; stir in walnuts and apricots. In another bowl, combine the egg, orange juice, water, butter, orange peel and vanilla; add cranberry mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Apricot Cranberry Bread in Country Woman November/December 2001, p37
Reviews for Holiday Apricot Cranberry Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2014
"This bread is too dry. I would say 2 tablespoons butter is not enough oil."