VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in puffs to allow steam to escape. When cool, split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the remaining filling ingredients. Just before serving, spoon filling into puffs; replace tops. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Holiday Appetizer Puffs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p23
Reviews forHoliday Appetizer Puffs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review