Holiday Appetizer Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in puffs to allow steam to escape. When cool, split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the remaining filling ingredients. Just before serving, spoon filling into puffs; replace tops. Yield: 4 dozen.
3 each: 195 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Holiday Appetizer Puffs
"this is so good i made it with lobster"
"I've made these puffs with ham salad (3 oz. size of can ham) or chicken salad. Everyone enjoys them especially the ham puffs."