Holiday Appetizer Puffs Recipe
Good things come in little packages with these melt-in-your-mouth puffs. Besides crabmeat, I've used whipped cream or pudding as the filling to create bite-sized desserts.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in puffs to allow steam to escape. When cool, split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the remaining filling ingredients. Just before serving, spoon filling into puffs; replace tops. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Holiday Appetizer Puffs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p23
Reviews for Holiday Appetizer Puffs(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >