- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown meatballs; drain. Place in a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Holiday Appetizer Meatballs
Sort By :
I added oatmeal too, and garlic p.,onion p., more w.sauce, a good 2 tsp. and a squeeze of mustard. Also 2 tsp. cocktail sauce to the meat mix. I'm not wild about B sauce, so I made, 2TBL.Ketsup, 1TBL. Maple syrup, 2tsp. cocktail sauce garlic and onion powder and pepper!!
These are very good. I replaced the sugar with brown sugar. Made the flavor very rich.
Yum! These were so good. To make them lower carb, I used Splenda instead of sugar and it was really good. I put them into a slow cooker and it make them so good.
I've made this recipe several times since I found in last fall, and we just love it. Yesterday, since I was only making a half batch, I just added the sauce to the skillet, covered it and cooked on low until the meatballs were done.
I took these to a Christmas Eve Party, everyone loved the meatballs, they were so tasty.