Holiday Appetizer Meatballs Recipe
Reports Yellow Springs, Ohio field editor Pat Waymire, "These tasty meatballs are a perennial favorite at our Christmas parties."
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown meatballs; drain. Place in a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 84 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC